Kai Hofmann firstname.lastname@example.org
Lib-Install is an installer script for Amiga shared libraries that is highly modular to be re-usable for other installer scripts.
- Follows the V43 Installer Style Guide
- Correctly supports the different user levels
- Install new/update mode
- Supports Installers prior to V43
- Highly automated
- Very flexible
- Very intelligent (for an installer-script ;-)
- It uses WrapGuide (if present) for the AmigaGuide documentation if running under a pre V39 system.
- Auto-detects the CPU/FPU
- Auto-detects the OS version
- Auto-detects existing files within the distribution archive
- Installs the optimal 68010-68060 binary if available
- It supports English and German
- Supports source code installation for the following programming languages: C, Assembler, Amiga-E, Modula II, Oberon, ARexx
- It can be re-used by (hopefully) many other Amiga shared libraries since the authors of shared libraries need to change only a few things:
* The #copyright variable
* The #min_os_version and #min_os_revision variables
* The #language variable
* The P_CustomExists, P_CustomInstall and P_CustomUninstall procedures
* The 'APPNAME' tooltype within the Lib-Install icon
And all other Aminet sites.
This is giftware!
Permission is hereby granted, without written agreement and without license or royalty fees, to copy and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose, provided that the copyright notice and the following paragraphs appear in all copies of this software, to:
- All who will distribute this software for free
- All free accessible Internet servers!
- All Aminet sites
- Fred Fish for his great Amiga software library
- The German SAAR AG PD library
- Angela Schmidt's Meeting Pearls series
- All others who do NOT take more than US$ 3.- for one disk that includes this software