`phonebill' is, simply said, a log file analyzer. What it basically does is scan log file(s) generated by a terminal program or a mailer, extract all information about calls you have made by using your modem, and store this in its own (short) format. After extracting the calls `phonebill' can generate various reports in which you can find information on duration and costs of the calls.
Here is a small list of the main features:
* Very flexible user-configurable rates, supporting exceptions for certain days and dates.
* User-configurable log scanners: `phonebill' by default supports
various log files, but for any log file that is not supported the
user is able to create a scanner. The following is a list of log
files that are already supported:
* ISDN Master Telephone log
* ISDN Wilhelmtel
* Multifax (both v2.0 and Multifax professional)
* Off-line Amiga
* Term action log and Term call log
* UUCP TimeLog
* UUCP uucico
* Zodiac's Point
* Log files can be automatically truncated if their size exceeds the
* Generates miscellaneous reports: statistics, total costs, predicted costs ...
* Context-sensitive online help.
* Supports new 3.0 features (new look menus, ...).
* Nice `Amiga User Interface Style Guide' conformant user interface.
* Supports `traplist.library'.
The following is an incomplete list of the most important changes:
* You can now choose to automatically generate a report on start-up.
* GUI face lift: re-arranged layout of several windows.
* Added support for AmiSMS and NetTime.
* Rates updated.
* Many minor enhancements and bug fixes.
Workbench 2.04 or higher.
Phonebill is available on Aminet, e.g.:
* ftp://ftp.wustl.edu/pub/aminet/comm/misc/pbill36.lha (346671)
You can also get it from my home page, located at:
Shareware fee of $10 US.
The archive and its contents are freely distributable. See documentation for details.
The package is Copyright 1993-1997 Raymond Penners