1.1 (public release)
Kenneth "Kenny" Nilsen/
This tool is capable of converting AIFF files, whether 8 or 16-bit, mono or stereo to the file format that Studio 16 3.x uses. AIFF 8-bit files are automatically converted to 16-bit size. Mono files are converted to be PAN'ed in center. A stereo AIFF file will produce two Studio 16 files which are PAN'ed to left and right accordingly. The files also get their own extensions.
Since the Sunrize company went down a few years ago there has been very little development for the Sunrize audio cards (I only know of about one program (commercial) that has beeb developed afterwards that can handle Studio 16 files).
To get information about the Studio 16 fileformat get the package off any
Aminet site, eg.
- Can convert both mono and stereo AIFF files
- Converts 8-bit to 16-bit automatically
- Uses sample rate from an AIFF file if it is in Studio16's HZ table, or the one which is closest to the table entry.
- Auto extended and auto PAN'ed (mono files are centered while stereo files are put in left and right channel).
- Dumps AIFF file (COMM) info.
- FAAAST converting - Assembler with big load/convert buffer.
- Small in size.
- OS 2.0 or better
- Sunrize AD516/AD1012 and Studio 16 v3.0 is recommended, but not needed to use the tool.
Distributed as freeware.
AIFF2STUDIO16 is Copyright (c)1997 by Kenneth "Kenny" Nilsen/