Contents | < Browse | Browse >
VWM - Virtual Window Manager
1.2 (15-Mar-97) (first public release)
World Wide Web: http://www.ctools.pp.se/
VWM, the virtual screen aware window manager, is a small, fast, and system
friendly virtual screen aware program that gives you 100% control over
VWM features 2 ways of defining the new location for the target window,
setting an absolute or relative position (Coordinate Positioning) or using
a preset positioning technique usually related to the mouse position
(Preset Positioning Techniques).
VWM can force your programs to:
- open their windows in absolute positions related to the start point (0x0)
of the active screen.
- open their windows in absolute positions but related to the point (0x0)
of the "active part" of the screen (for virtual screens).
- center their windows under the mouse pointer (FollowMouse).
- locate their windows under the mouse pointer but respect the view, that
is to locate the windows far enough away from the closest edges of the
visible screen but still under the mouse pointer (RespectView).
FollowView(TM), known as RespectView in VWM, is Copyright (c) 1993-1997
Bahman Moallem and was first introduced in MagicWords, the multilingual
word translator for the Amiga back in 1993.
- open their windows in the center of the visible part of the screen
- open their windows in the corner of the visible part of the screens which
is farthest away from the mouse pointer position (UseCorners).
AmigaOS 2.04 or better.
VWM version 1.2 (app. 32 KB) is available on Aminet, e.g.
or in the author's WWW site:
VWM is freely distributable so long as all files accompanying
the VWM package remain intact and unchanged.
Unlimited non-commercial use is encouraged.
VWM is Copyright (c) 1995-1997 Bahman Moallem.