Contents | < Browse | Browse >
`phonebill' is, simply said, a log file analyzer. What it basically does
is scan log file(s) generated by a terminal program or a mailer, extract
all information about calls you have made by using your modem, and store
this in its own (short) format. After extracting the calls `phonebill' can
generate various reports in which you can find information on duration and
costs of the calls.
Here is a small list of the main features:
* Very flexible user-configurable rates, supporting exceptions for
certain days and dates.
* User-configurable log scanners: `phonebill' by default supports
various log files, but for any log file that is not supported the
user is able to create a scanner. The following is a list of log
files that are already supported:
* ISDN Master Telephone log
* ISDN Wilhelmtel
* Multifax (both v2.0 and Multifax professional)
* Off-line Amiga
* Term action log and Term call log
* UUCP TimeLog
* UUCP uucico
* Zodiac's Point
* Log files can be automatically truncated if their size exceeds the
* Generates miscellaneous reports: statistics, total costs, predicted
* Context-sensitive online help.
* Supports new 3.0 features (new look menus, ...).
* Nice `Amiga User Interface Style Guide' conformant user interface.
* Supports `traplist.library'.
The following is an incomplete list of the most important changes:
* Added billing per second.
* Besides the built-in log file truncation, you can now also run a
(shell) command when a log file exceeds its size. For example,
setting the command to `delete "%f"' deletes the log file.
* Several rates have been updated. In particular, swedish rates
now use billing per second.
* Several bug fixes.
Workbench 2.04 or higher.
Phonebill is available on Aminet, e.g.:
* ftp://ftp.wustl.edu/pub/aminet/comm/misc/pbill35.lha (303293)
You can also get it from my home page, located at:
Decades BBS (Sysop: Thomas Andersson)
+46-54-831561 (USR 28.8 V.Everything)
Shareware fee of $10 US.
The archive and its contents are freely distributable.
See documentation for details.
The package is (C) 1993-1997 Raymond Penners
Raymond Penners -*- email@example.com -*- http://www.stack.nl/~raymondp