Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Image Engineer 3.0
Image Engineer is a shareware image processing application. It
can be used for tasks varying from converting images between
different file formats, rendering 24 bit images down to standard
Amiga screen modes, enhancing badly scanned images, applying
special effects even up to advanced image composition. What you
can use it for is basically limited by what you can think of.
- Very fast, coded in 100% 68020 assembler
- Multiple image editing
- Dithered Colour or grey preview images.
- Zoom in preview images.
- Processing done in 8 bit grey or 24 bit colour
- ARexx support
- Thumbnail previews shown for most effects.
- Font sensitive, resizable GUI with keyboard shortcuts, using
the BGUI Library.
- User configurable menus.
- Uses the Superview Library for loading and saving. Superview
BMP (Win,OS/2) IFF-YUVN (misc) PNM (*nix)
C64 (Koala, Doodle) IMG (GEM/V*nt*ra) QRT/POV
EPS(F)-Header JPEG (JFIF) SGI
FBM (*nix) MAC (MacPaint) SunRaster (RAS)
GIF upto 89a PCD (PhotoCD) SVG Graphics
Icon (W*nd*ws) PCX upto V3.0 Targa
IFF-ACBM PICT-2 (Mac) TIFF (V5.0)
IFF-DEEP Pictor/PCPaint/PIC Utah RLE
IFF-ILBM PNG (Network Gfx) WPG
OS3-DataTypes picture.datatype V43
- Can display images using Superview Library. Superview Library
currently supports ECS, AGA, EGS7, OpalVision, Retina,
CyberGraphics, PicassoII, Merlin.
- Supports AGA where available.
- Render images to standard Amiga screen modes including HAM6
- Dither images using Floyd-Steinberg, Burkes, Stucki, Sierra,
Jarvis and Stevenson-Arce error diffusion algorithms.
- Image processing effect implemented as disk based modules.
Modules exist for:-
Brightness Local Contrast Stretch
Bulge Lowpass filter
Composite (with alpha channel) Maximum filter
Contrast Median filter
Contrast Stretch Minimum filter
Convert To Colour Negative
Convert To Grey Posterize
Convolve (user defineable) Reflect X
Displace (with alpha channel) Reflect Y
Histogram Equalisation Remove Feature
False Colour Resize
HighBoost filter Scale
Highpass filter Sharpen
More to be released in the future.
- 68020 or higher processor.
- OS V2.04+
- 2Mb of RAM bare minimum, at least 4Mb recommended.
- Superview Library to be installed.
Available by FTP/Internet: AmiNet and mirrors
FTP/Internet: AmiNet and mirrors
Available via WWW on the Image Engineer Support Page:
The unregistered version is limited to images of size 400x400.
Registration for a keyfile is only 35 US dollars.
The unregistered version of Image Engineer V3.0 is freely
distributable as long as no charge is made for it other than a
small fee for the cost of the media.
Copyright 1995-96 Simon Edwards. All rights reserved.
Information about the current status of Image Engineer, work in
progress and on-line documentation is available on the WWW.