Contents | < Browse | Browse >
AmiPhone is a proprietary, AmiTCP based voice chat program. Using
AmiPhone, you and a friend can talk to each other over the Internet. ADPCM
compression is used so that this is possible over TCP connections as slow
- Full duplex asynchronous operation (CPU and network bandwidth
- Several compression algorithms and variable sampling rates.
- Up to four incoming and unlimited outgoing connections can
be active at once (although you may only be transmitting on
one connection at any given time).
- Supports most standard parallel port digitizers.
- Volume indicator and bandwidth graph allow easy monitoring
of digitizer and net connection.
- Silence detection (data is only transmitted when the volume
is above a certain, user-specifiable level)
- Runs on the Workbench screen, or any public screen.
- Installer script included.
Requires: Workbench 2.04 or above.
AmiTCP3.0b2 or higher.
A standard 8-bit audio digitizer and microphone.
A TCP connection with at least 14.4kb/sec bandwidth.
Recommended: An accelerated (68020+) CPU.
A faster TCP connection. (28.8kb/sec or higher)
A line-level amplifier for the microphone.
Available on Aminet as comm/net/AmiPhone0.5B.lha
AmiPhone0.5B is a public beta release, and is therefore available at no
charge. Future releases will be DonationWare.
AmiPhone is freely distributable as long as no charge is made for it other
than a small fee for the cost of the media.