Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Andreas M. Kirchwitz (csh 5.20+),
based on csh 5.19 by Urban D. Mueller
C-Shell is a replacement for the AmigaDOS command line interface. Many
builtin Unix-like commands, very fast script language, file- name
completion, command-name completion, comfortable command line editing,
pattern matching, AUX: mode, object oriented file classes, abbreviation of
internal and external commands. Supports multiple users.
C-Shell is easy to install and to use. Online help for all commands,
functions and various subjects. ARP-free!
Changes since version 5.42 (summary):
- Redirected output to a file can now be examined by other programs
while Cshell is still filling up the file. (files for redirection
are now opened "shared" instead of "exclusivly")
- Enhanced pipe functionality. Made "echo mem | csh" work again.
- Built-in command "copy" now has (optional) new output format which
prints full path of files being copied. (just try option "-x")
- Supports "muSetProtection" if MultiUser is installed.
- Built-in commands "chown" and "chgrp" now accept also user and group
names (as well as numerical IDs). Does only work with "MultiUser".
- Fixed bug in built-in commands "chown" and "chgrp" which could crash
under OS 2.x.
- Fixed fatal bug if non-interactive input line was too long.
- New option "-t" for built-in command "sleep": wait ticks.
- Built-in command "window" resizes/moves window much more faster now.
- Built-in command "version" now behaves more like Commodore's
- Fixed a problem with localized date strings.
See file "HISTORY" in archive csh548.lha for complete listing of changes
and new features.
AmigaOS 2.0 (or higher)
FTP/Internet: AmiNet and mirrors
UUCP/E-Mail : email@example.com
Send mail to the address above and put the
line "send /pub/aminet/util/shell/csh548.lha"
in the body. (same for "csh548src.lha")
The archive "csh548.lha" contains binary and documentation, while
"csh548src.lha" contains C source code (for SAS/C 6).
Freely distributable, Copyright by the individual authors.