Contents | < Browse | Browse >
DFA is the definitive address database tool. It supplies a very
nice GUI, a powerful Arexx port, a flexible client server
mechanism and much more. It is simply the ideal means to manage
several or many addresses for the beginner as well as for the
professional Amiga user.
Arexx port, direct dialing of the stored phone numbers, font
sensitive windows, "grouping" of addresses, email support,
different layouts for printing, context sensitive online help,
application icon/window/menu, fully directable by keyboard,
separate preferences program, customizable address list
Native languages are supported with Workbench 2.1 (and
This is version 2.5, a minor update to version 2.25.
DFA is an SASG product! Shareware, binary only.
NEW FEATURES (since v2.25)
- Custom screen support
- Support of local preferences files
- Alternative hires layout for several windows (may be toggled)
- New "(Un)set groups" window
- New network mode; internal handling rewritten completely
- New auto lock mechanism (for network mode)
- Display sort: Sorts the displayed addresses temporarily
- Sorting addresses should be even faster now!
- You may move through the address list while using the Edit
- Fine tuning for several parts of DFA to improve the usability
even further (see History for details)
- New Arexx commands:
SAVEPREFS, LOADPREFS, GETPREFS, SETPREFS, EDITTEMPLATE,
- Improved Arexx commands:
- In connection to the New-Window of the DFAEditor, you may
configure a preprocess and a postprocess (Arexx) script, which
may modify the new item before/after you've entered the new
- Additional menu for Arexx scripts (DFAEditor)
- 10 aditional arexx scripts can be bound to shifted function
- Optimized window refreshing
- Several bug fixes (see History for details)
- Recompiled with SAS/C v6.55.
DFA needs at least Kickstart/Workbench 2.04 to run.
It takes advantage of the new features included in version 2.1
(Locale support) and uses even some features coming with OS
3.0/3.1 if available.
DFA is made to run on all systems, starting with the A500+
and ending up with the A4000(T).
More than 512KB of RAM and a harddisk are recommended.
Shareware fee.............................30.00 20.00
See documentation for additional information.
DFA is NOT PD. It is shareware. The author keeps the
copyright over the whole package.
The public version of DFA (without the keyfile!) is freely
(re)distributable, but noone is allowed to sell the program
for more money than to cover just the costs of copying.
Dirk Federlein UUCP: firstname.lastname@example.org