Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Aminet CD 5
Urban D. Mueller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Aminet CD 5 contains 1 Gigabyte of freely distributable software,
The newest file included is dated Feb 8th. The space is used as
follows: (compressed sizes, categories overlap)
440M of software newer than Aminet CD 5 (200M newer than Aminet Set)
180M of games
20M of top downloads
These consist of
Amigaguide based user interface, allows easy unpacking and viewing
using a single mouse click.
Extensive search facilities. Finds words in descriptions or readmes,
and outputs matches as an index that allows direct viewing.
Special support for the following categories of files:
- Games. Can be started using a single click from the index. A separate
index for games that run on accelerated Amigas exists; system will
be degraded as needed automatically.
- Demos. As the games, they can be started using a single click.
Demos with a quit function are listed separately.
- Modules. Can be viewed and played from an index that is sorted
by music style and subsorted by rating.
- Images. Can be previewed in a database of thumbnail versions, and
a double click on the thumbnail shows the full size image.
- Charts. A list of the most popular programs is on the CD, sorted
- Fish disks. You can find any of the programs on Aminet using the
number of the Fish disk it can also be found on.
- German files. A majority of the files on the CD, and all those
with German documentation have a German description.
- All Amigas including CDTV/A570. Not bootable. Usable on CD32
if you boot from RAD: or if you have an SX-1.
- All Amiga OS versions for the access software. OS 2.0 or even
3.0 required for some of the direct viewing features.
- Readable by all operating systems, including MSDOS, OS/2 and
The CD can be ordered from the following addresses: (credit cards OK)
Germany: Stefan Ossowski (English spoken)
Price: DM 25
USA: Fred Fish
Prices exclude shipping. Subscriptions are available. More information,
including distributors in other countries, is found in the text file
docs/misc/CD-Orders.txt on Aminet. A complete index is found in
Authors of software on the CD are entitled to one free CD. Send
HELP FREEBIES to email@example.com for more
Aminet Set (the complete Aminet on 4 CDs) is still available.