Contents | < Browse | Browse >
RexxOpt - ARexx script optimizer
A cooperation of Amiga developers. Their intention is to
release high quality software under one label.
Boris Folgmann, Ulrich Sibiller and Christian Hechelmann.
Proxity Engineering and Technical Support
Fidonet: 2:246/1416.0 (pets)
Address: Finkenweg 4
Fidonet: 2:246/1416.38 (Ulrich Sibiller
V.32bis 14.4 or HST 14.4 with ASL/V.42bis
RexxOpt optimizes your ARexx scripts by removing all information
not necessary. This results in a faster execution speed, making
working with ARexx much more comfortable.
When run in default mode (no switch given in command line) the
following is done:
- all unnecessary blank characters (ASCII 9, 32 and 160) are
- all comments are removed
- consecutive strings are merged to one single string
- ';' is inserted in front of any DO within the script
- all blank characters outside strings and comments are
replaced by <space> (ASCII 32)
- all (remaining) lines are put into one single line
- a new comment line is put in front of the script because
ARexx requires ARexx scripts to begin with a comment.
This is V1.7, an update to V1.6.
- New switch DEOPT: (re)insert linefeeds
- Minor code optimization concerning nested comments
- New switch FIRSTCOMMENT: Don't strip first comment
- Filehandling rewritten: it is no longer necessary to provide a
destination filename. This introduced some new error messages and
made some of the old obsolete.
- Titlecomment and filecomment are now set according to current mode
You need AmigaOS 2.0 or better to run RexxOpt.
Additionally it would be a good idea to have ARexx installed on
your system since it makes not much sense to optimize ARexx scripts
when you can't use them.
Any Aminet site, e.g. ftp.uni-stuttgart.de (220.127.116.11)
RexxOpt_1.7.lha 13967 Bytes
Freeware ) 1995 by Proxity Softworks.