Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Solar System Wars
Solar System Wars is a game similar to Space Wars, pitting two
players against each other, in orbit around 0 to 4 stars. Choose
from 53 different solar systems, or turn on the random system
selector for a new challenge every round. A variety of weapons are
available. Two or three button joysticks are strongly recommended,
but not required. Both NTSC and PAL are supported. Binary only.
* Now support for three-button joysticks!
* Everyone now gets Full Shields all the time, controlled by the
third button, or the left/right Alt key.
* New extra weapons! Get ready for the Anomalizer, Disruptor,
Guided Torp, and the Cluster Pod! Sadly, Flip Ship has gone to
that bit bucket in the sky.
* Four star solar systems!
* New Beginner mode, which keeps the Random System mode from picking
high-gravity solar systems.
* Each player now gets twelve active torpedos instead of nine.
* Improved Seeker code. They no longer are useless in high gravity
* SSW's sound effects now come in an IFF file! Add your own sounds!
Amaze your friends! Confound your enemies!
* Fixed the sprite glitching problem on slower machines.
* SSW no longer adds an input event handler to eat mouse events. No
more compatibility problems with Commodities or other handlers.
* Added a New Game requester that shows up after someone wins.
Works with AmigaOS 1.3 or higher.
Available on any Aminet mirror, such as ftp.wustl.edu
Also will be available from Fred Fish.
Copyright but Freely Redistributable