Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Raymond Penners <email@example.com>
`phonebill' is, simply said, a log file analyzer. What it basically
does is scan log file(s) generated by a terminal program or a mailer,
extract all information about calls you have made by using your modem,
and store this in its own (short) format. After extracting the calls
`phonebill' can generate various reports in which you can find
information on duration and costs of the calls.
Here is a small list of the main features:
* Very flexible user-configurable rates, supporting exceptions for
certain days and dates. Handles fees and time units with up to 9
decimals (e.g. $1.2344657 dollars per 30.225678 seconds).
* User-configurable log scanners: `phonebill' by default supports
various log files, but for any log file that is not supported the
user is able to create a scanner. The following is a list of log
files that are already supported:
* ISDN Master Telephone log
* Multifax (both v2.0 and Multifax professional)
* Off-line Amiga
* Term action log and Term call log
* UUCP TimeLog
* Log files can be automatically truncated if their size exceeds the
* Generates miscellaneous reports: statistics, total costs, predicted
* Context-sensitive online help.
* Supports new 3.0 features (new look menus, ...).
* Nice `Amiga User Interface Style Guide' conformant user interface.
* Supports `traplist.library'.
The following is a list of the most significant changes:
* Added scanners for AmiTel, Off-line Amiga, DreamTerm,
* Added a new cookie for fido-style addresses to the scanner. If
you have `traplist' installed the address found will be used to
find the real name and phonenumber of the host. You'll need to
configure the "Nodelist path" (see miscellaneous settings).
* Phonebill has become a commodity.
* Added: if you want to rescan the log files you won't have to go
through the trouble of removing the signatures with a text editor,
just use the new `Rescan logs' menu item.
* New: option for disabling writing signatures to the log file
* New: report presets (for the scan range and groups).
* New hosts can be automatically added by supplying the rate(s) with
a pattern to match certain area codes.
Workbench 2.04 or higher.
Grafix Attack (Sysop: Kees Huizer)
+31-(0)10-4741062 (19k2 ZyXEL)
Decades BBS (Sysop: Thomas Andersson)
+46-54-831561 (USR 28.8 V.Everything)
pbill32.lha (231898 bytes)
Shareware fee of $10 US.
The archive and its contents are freely distributable.
See documentation for details.
The package is (C) 1993-1994 Raymond Penners