Contents | < Browse | Browse >
`phonebill' is, simply said, a log file analyzer. What it basically
does is scan log file(s) generated by a terminal program or a mailer,
extract all information about calls you have made by using your modem,
and store this in its own (short) format. After extracting the calls
`phonebill' can generate various reports in which you can find
information on duration and costs of the calls.
Here is a small list of the main features:
* Very flexible user-configurable rates, supporting exceptions for
certain days and dates. Handles fees and time units with up to 9
decimals (e.g. $1.2344657 dollars per 30.225678 seconds).
* User-configurable log scanners: `phonebill' by default supports
various log files, but for any log file that is not supported the
user is able to create a scanner. The following is a list of log
files that are already supported:
* Multifax (both v2.0 and Multifax professional)
* Term action log and Term call log
* UUCP TimeLog
* Log files can be automatically truncated if their size exceeds the
* Generates miscellaneous reports: statistics, total costs, ....
* Context-sensitive online help.
* Requires Kickstart 2.04 or higher.
* Supports new 3.0 features (new look menus, ...).
* Nice `Amiga User Interface Style Guide' conformant user interface.
The following is a list of the most significant changes:
* Bug fix: Updating the binary log files on MC68000-amigas could
crash because of reading from an odd address.
* New: Hosts can be assigned to groups, over which reports can be
generated seperately, for example: create a group called "Poll"
and assign all hosts you poll for mail to this group. Then you
can view reports concerning these hosts only...
* Changed: The cookie %a only accepted certain phonenumbers, which
caused a lot of problems. Now %a accepts any string. So now,
"Calling %n (%a)" and "Calling BBS (123-AMI)" match. "A BBS 123"
and "%n %a" match too: name="A" nr="BBS 123", to resolve this "%n
%A" should be used.
* Added some average costs/calls/online per day to the stats. Also,
if the <to date> is set somewhere in the future, `phonebill' will
estimate the total costs on that date (bill report).
* Added German and Swedish catalogs, updated Swedish rates.
Workbench 2.04 or higher.
pbill31.lha (190967 bytes)
Shareware fee of $10 US.
The archive and its contents are freely distributable.
See documentation for details.
The package is (C) 1993-1994 Raymond Penners