Contents | < Browse | Browse >
`phonebill' is, simply said, a log file analyzer. What it basically
does is scan log file(s) generated by a terminal program or a mailer,
extract all information about calls you have made by using your modem,
and store this in its own (short) format. After extracting the calls
`phonebill' can generate various reports in which you can find
information on duration and costs of the calls.
Here is a small list of the main features:
* Very flexible user-configurable rates, supporting exceptions for
certain days and dates. Handles fees and time units with up to 9
decimals (e.g. $1.2344657 dollars per 30.225678 seconds).
* User-configurable log scanners: `phonebill' by default supports
various log files, but for any log file that is not supported the
user is able to create a scanner. The following is a list of log
files that are already supported:
* Multifax (both v2.0 and Multifax professional)
* Term action log and Term call log
* UUCP TimeLog
* Log files can be automatically truncated if their size exceeds the
* Generates miscellaneous reports: statistics, total costs, ....
* Context-sensitive online help.
* Requires Kickstart 2.04 or higher.
* Supports new 3.0 features (new look menus, ...).
* Nice `Amiga User Interface Style Guide' conformant user interface.
The following is a list of the most significant changes:
* Moved from built-in scanners to user-configurable scanners. The
only built-in scanner left is `GPFax' (which is binary log file).
* Improved the rates: extended the limit of 4 decimals for units and
seconds to 9, support for different rates in different time
periods, you can enter more than one date in a date exception by
seperating them using a `|' character, first and second unit have
made place for a listview in which you can configure as much units
as you wish.
* You can set a different carrier detect time for each host, or use
the default carrier detect time as desired.
* Support for hosts with more than one phone number by seperating
the numbers using a `|' character.
* New user-interface featuring `gtlayout.library' by Olaf `Olsen'
Barthel. I found this the best compromise between a plain and fast
gui like the old `phonebill', and a slow but very configurable gui
Workbench 2.04 or higher.
pbill30.lha (164244 bytes)
Shareware fee of $10 US.
The archive and its contents are freely distributable.
See documentation for details.
The package is (C) 1993-1994 Raymond Penners