Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Grapevine Amiga IRC Client V1.0
Brian J. Cerveny (email@example.com)
Grapevine is an Amiga Internet Relay Chat client. The IRC
is a worldwide network on which users can participate in realtime
conversation. Grapevine is a means by which to communicate over
this network using an attractive, easy to use graphic interface
that befits the nature of the Amiga.
Grapevine supports several methods of communication. You
may use one of the TCP/IP stacks: Commodore's AS225r2 or the
freely distributable AmiTCP.
Grapevine also support any serial.device compatible device
by means of a simple Unix network connection utility and a small
terminal program to log in and connect to the server, and pass
control to Grapevine.
- Over 50 input line commands with online syntax help.
Modular DCC programs allow users to write their own DCC
- clients, including games. DCC file transfer modules included.
- Supports up to 10 different channel/message windows.
- Ability to automatically join channels when first connecting
- Attractive "Style Guide" compliant graphic user interface.
- Fast scrollback, configurable buffer size.
- Opens on any public screen.
- Point-and-click user operations like op, ban, kick, whois.
- Graphic icon toolbar for common operations. 8-color MagicWB
style icons are optional.
Some of the advanced features that will be available in registered
versions of Grapevine include:
- ARexx scripting, allowing complete control of Grapevine and the
addition of your own features and commands
- Event traps which cause execution of a script when certain
messages are received or when other events occur
- Netsplit trapping/handling
- Text clipping and pasting
- Command aliases
- NOTIFY command to periodically check for signon/signoff of
- Allow user to save current state of windows (position, channels
joined, etc.) and recreate that state when Grapevine is loaded.
- Online context-sensitive help and gadget help.
- Logging of messages and public discussion to disk files
AmigaDOS Release 3 (V39) or newer (Release 2 support in the works)
At least 1MB of RAM, 2MB recommended, with 1MB chip RAM
Hard drive recommended.
TCP/IP networking package optional.
A direct (TCP) or indirect (serial login) Internet connection.
helser56.res.iastate.edu [184.108.40.206] (Official support site)
September 20, 1994
V1.0 release is free.
Future major versions will be $25 US with free updates.
Grapevine is Copyright (C)1994 by Brian J. Cerveny.
V1.0 of Grapevine is freely distributable as long as the conditions
outlined in the program license are adhered to (essentially as long
as no money is made from distribution).
A mailing list has been created for discussion regarding this
program. To subscribe, send email to the following address:
To subscribe, put the following line in the message body: