Contents | < Browse | Browse >
GhostRider (GR) is a new program for debugging and viewing/changing
memory contents in hex, ascii and (dis)assembly form, independant of
system resources, which "normal" debuggers rely on. This is in general
known as a (hardware) monitor. GR features most "standard" functions,
but also many things not normally found in this type of software.
Name: Jesper Skov
Address: (Check ghostrider.guide for snail address)
GhostRider (GR) is a new hardware monitor written in pure assembler. The
most important difference between GR and other monitors of this kind is
that GR is build up from scratch - not a (simple) modification of some
old CON-based monitor. Before starting this project I tried to figure
out what single feature of a monitor is more important. Since a monitor
is to be used by many different people, I decided that the most
important feature would be the ability of configuration according to the
user's needs. Therefore GR comes with a preference editor which will
allow you, the user, to configure the "feel" of GR... See below for a
list of some of the features in GhostRider:
- Works on all (well, most :) Amigas; AGA, ECS, NTSC, PAL,
- Does _NOT_ rely on the system to be around.
- Fast screen handling.
- Powerfull input parser, support use of symbols.
- Copper-list locater.
- System, NMI, reset (also GURU) & BreakPoint entry modes.
- Text snapping/pasting with the mouse.
- Full dis/assembler support for the M68k family (well, not the 'o6o).
- "Standard" block dump as well as editor environments for
disassembling, HEX-viewing, ASCII-viewing and Memory-Peeking (bitmap).
- Memory hunt featuring; long strings, jokers (wildcards), NOT-data,
case(in)-sensitive text hunt, branch hunt and PC-relative hunt.
- Memory fill featuring; long strings and jokers.
- Breakpoint support.
- Full control of CustomRegister contents at exit.
- Results from hunt/compare operations are kept in a buffer for fast and
- Capable of resuming (some) interrupted commands.
- Disk system with UN*X like parsing of path.
- Includes system interface (ghostrider.library) which allow usage in
your own programs (for easy debugging).
- Full documentation in AmigaGuide format.
GhostRider V1.0 contains following updates from version V0.32E:
- GhostRider is now shareware - this release is fully functional.
- Full configuration of screen mode (PAL/NTSC/MULTISYNC).
- The disk routines using DOS (save/load/del/dir/cd) now use a UN*X like
- GhostRider now run on _all_ tested Amigas (also the A4000/o4o).
- Track display.
- Disassembly speed improved.
- It is now possible to change CPU register contents (d0-a7).
- It is now possible to edit the code in the disassemble editor.
- The (memory) size of GR has been reduced.
- Many bug fixes and extra prefs.
GhostRider should run on all systems, but the DeckRunner and Preference
Editor require Kickstart 2.04+ (V37+).
ftp.luth.se (All AmiNet sites)
The shareware fee is 100DKr/20$US/30DM. If you use this program I ask
you to register.
Shareware, Copyright ) 1992-1994 Jesper Skov.