Contents | < Browse | Browse >
AM - Account Manager for muFS
1.0 (first public release)
Are you running muFS, the Multi User File System for the Commodore
Amiga? Then you surely have thought of a program providing an easy way to
maintain the users and groups in your system.
Of course such a program should have a graphical user interface
which allows doing all necessary operations by a few mouse klicks or key
strokes. Additionally, it should be localized i.e. speaking to you in your
Then `AM' is the program you want. It was written to support the
system operator's work by supplying an easy-to-use user interface based on
* localized (currently English, German, Netherlands, Norwegian,
Portuguese, and Swedish catalogs)
* needs and makes extensive use of MUI 2.0 (`muimaster.library'
* supports the following operations on the muFS system files
- create new users/groups
- edit any characteristics of an existing user/group
- delete users/groups
- temporarily ban a user from the system
* automatically creates new $HOME directories and installs default
files there by executing a user supplied script
* checks $HOME directories (not functional yet)
* searches muFS partitions for files with bad owner information and
AmigaDOS 2.04 or higher.
muFS (MultiUser FileSystem) by Geert Uytterhoeven
MUI 2.0 or higher (Magic User Interface) by Stefan Stuntz
68020+ useful (but not required)
Any Aminet ftp site, such as ftp.wustl.edu (22.214.171.124).
am1_0.lha (92520 bytes)
Copyright 1994 Ingolf Koch. The files in this archive may be freely
distributed as long as they are distributed in their entirety.