Contents | < Browse | Browse >
HWGRCS 188.8.131.52 at Amiga Patch Level _9_
Ported, enhanced, and maintained by
FAX +49 89 850 51 25, I prefer email.
HWGRCS is a port of GNU RCS 184.108.40.206 done with SAS/C 6.51.
The Revision Control System (RCS) manages multiple revisions
of files. RCS automates the storing, retrieval, logging,
identification, and merging of revisions. RCS is useful for
text that is revised frequently, for example programs, docu-
mentation, graphics, papers, and form letters.
For upgraders from the old RCS 4.x on Fish 281/282:
- HWGRCS supports the RCS_link feature
- No problems with non-ASCII characters
- File pattern and response file expansion in all RCS commands.
- Support for .a,.ag,.asm,.fd,.guide,.i,.mod,.ps extensions.
- GNU DIFF 2.6, GNU patch 2.1 and a N*rton like LP utility.
- AmigaGuide. docs.
- I try to _support_ HWGRCS (See the docs).
New since patch level 8:
- .mod extension recognized.
- LP better documented.
- 'D' protection bit is handled better.
Bugs fixed since patch level 8:
- rcsfreeze works with empty paths in RCS_link correctly.
- No dummy entries left behind in the task list anymore.
- $AmigaProtection$ changes should work right on ci now.
>=V37, >1MB suggested, HD required.
Any Aminet site, e.g. ftp.uni-paderborn.de (220.127.116.11) for users
in germany. Please use the site that is closest to you.
HWGRCSp9i.lha Incremental patch to create patch 9.
NOTE: The above is an incremental patch based on "HWGRCS Patch Level 8"
If you don't use patch 8 yet, you'll need the following archives
in addition to the one above to set up patch 9.
HWGRCSp8f.lha Binaries and full AmigaGuide. docs
HWGRCSsrcp8f.lha The sources
HWGRCSmanp7f.lha The ASCII unix man pages for RCS (Note: _7_!)
I don't declare it shareware as it is Gnu SW, but donations/gifts for
my support are quite welcome! Donations in physical form preferred.
Support ~ Gifts, especially for commercial users.
RCS is distributable under the Gnu Public License.
For my support of HWGRCS I won't bill you, but I ask for donations (Hear
me, commercial users? :-).
Heinz Wrobel Edotronik GmbH: email@example.com
Private Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
My private FAX: +49 89 850 51 25, I prefer email