Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Yak -- multi-purpose commodity
Gael Marziou and Philippe Bastiani.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yak stands for "Yet Another Kommodity" (never was any good at
spelling), and is a mouse/window manipulation program along the
same lines as DMouse, KCommodity and lets you activating screens
and windows, inserting localized date. It offers more than the
AutoPoint Commodore standard commodity and it's only 30 Kb long!
A lot! Among them : AutoActivation of windows, extensible hotkey
system (like FKey's) with a lot of different actions
This is an update to Yak 1.57, it fixes 5 bugs and introduce some
new features :
* Now when alt key is pressed, Yak doesn't blank the mouse
so that accessing menus via keyboard is easier.
* Now compilable with both SAS C 6.51 and with DICE !
* Black border for screens (available only in 3.0+).
* New layout of the GUI.
* Palette title localized.
* Screen patterns now use screens default titles instead of
current screen title. It makes easier writing patterns for
screens such as workbench or BrowserII ones.
* New hotkey to set default public screen.
* New way to automatically define a hotkey by hitting it.
* Now Yak can open only one palette per screen.
* Added danish catalog, installation script and doc.
* Added a toggle to blank mouse or not on key pressed.
OS release 2.04 or newer is required; Yak has been tested with
OS releases through 3.0.
Distribution is archived with lha so program to un-archive them
Amigaguide or Multiview is required to read documentation.
Software has been uploaded to the Aminet Site:
ftp.wustl.edu 188.8.131.52 pub/aminet/
and will be readily available on other Aminet sites.
yak158.lha : main archive.
yak158src.lha : source archive only interesting
There is no charge for use of this software.
Freely distributable as long as the contents of the archive
are kept intact.
E-mail address for bug reports and fixes: