Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Andreas M. Kirchwitz (csh 5.20+),
based on csh 5.19 by Urban D. Mueller
C-Shell is a replacement for the AmigaDOS command line interface.
Many builtin Unix-like commands, very fast script language, file-
name completion, command-name completion, comfortable command line
editing, pattern matching, AUX: mode, object oriented file classes,
abbreviation of internal and external commands. Supports multiple
C-Shell is easy to install and to use. Online help for all
commands, functions and various subjects. ARP-free!
Changes since version 5.35 (summary):
- Supports MultiUser (shows current user in titlebar).
- Builtin command "chmod" (protect) allows setting of
user/group/others bits in a UNIX-like fashion.
- New builtin commands "chgrp" and "chown".
- Fixed bugs in builtin commands "path", "rm", "rehash".
- Builtin command "diskchange" allows multiple drive names.
- New builtin function @age_mins(), modifications to @age().
- Now requesters appear on same screen as CSH's window.
- New meaning for builtin variable "_abbrev", now ALL commands
(even those in the DOS search path) can be abbreviated --
not only builltin commands.
- Fixed layout bug in "dir -k" and "dir -i" (classes).
- Builtin command "dir" supports UID/GID and group/others bits.
- No requester "please insert volume ..." when you press return
and your current directory is on an "unmounted" volume
(eg, a removed floppy disk).
- New meaning for "dir -z" and builtin variable "_dirformat".
- Source code now "indent" clean.
(some warnings on first run, but no errors)
- Builtin command "qsort" allows case-sensitive sorting.
- Various changes/enhancements to existing commands.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
See file "HISTORY" in archive csh537.lha for complete listing
of changes and new features.
AmigaOS 2.0 (or higher)
FTP/Internet: AmiNet and mirrors
For example, ftp.wustl.edu [188.8.131.52].
UUCP/E-Mail : email@example.com
Send mail to the address above and put the
line "send /pub/aminet/util/shell/csh537.lha"
in the body.
csh537.lha (binary and documentation)
csh537src.lha (source code for SAS/C 6)
Freely distributable, Copyright by the individual authors.