Contents | < Browse | Browse >
HWGRCS 18.104.22.168 at Amiga Patch Level _8_
Ported, enhanced, and maintained by
FAX +49 89 850 51 25, I prefer email.
HWGRCS is a port of GNU RCS 22.214.171.124 done with SAS/C 6.51.
The Revision Control System (RCS) manages multiple revisions
of files. RCS automates the storing, retrieval, logging,
identification, and merging of revisions. RCS is useful for
text that is revised frequently, for example programs, docu-
mentation, graphics, papers, and form letters.
For upgraders from the old RCS 4.x on Fish 281/282:
- HWGRCS supports the RCS_link feature
- No problems with non-ASCII characters
- File pattern and response file expansion in all RCS commands.
- Support for .a,.ag,.asm,.fd,.guide,.i,.ps extensions.
- GNU DIFF 2.6, GNU patch 2.1 and a N*rton like LP utility.
- AmigaGuide. docs.
- I try to _support_ HWGRCS.
New since patch level 7:
- DIFF/PATCH AmigaGuide. docs.
- Reference directory support.
- New Amiga keywords.
- Local environment variables are checked.
- Directory/Process specific configuration options.
- Filename patterns to ignore are configurable.
- .ag AmigaGuide. extension recognized.
Bugs fixed since level 7:
- RCS_link is always ignored as filename now with pattern expansion.
>=V37, >1MB suggested, HD required.
Any Aminet site, e.g. ftp.uni-paderborn.de (126.96.36.199) for users
in germany. Please use the site that is closest to you.
HWGRCSp8f.lha Binaries and full AmigaGuide. docs
HWGRCSsrcp8f.lha The sources
HWGRCSmanp7f.lha The ASCII unix man pages for RCS (Note: _7_!)
I don't declare it shareware as it is Gnu SW, but donations/gifts for
my support are quite welcome! Donations in physical form preferred.
Support ~ Gifts, especially for commercial users.
RCS is distributable under the Gnu Public License.
For my support of HWGRCS I won't bill you, but I ask for donations (Hear
me, commercial users? :-).