Contents | < Browse | Browse >
`Phonebill' is, simply said, a logfile analyser. What it basically
does is scan the logfile(s) generated by a terminal program or a
mailer, extract all information about calls you have made by using
your modem, and store this in its own (short) format. Features:
* Requires Kickstart 2.04 or higher.
* Supports new 3.0 features (new look menus, ...).
* Nice gadtools compliant GUI.
* User-definable callrates, supporting rate exceptions for certain
days and dates. Handles fees and time-units with up to 4 decimals
(e.g. $1.2344 dollars per 30.5678 seconds) for extra accuracy.
* Supports logfiles generated by:
* AmigaUUCP Timelog
* MultiFax professional
* Term (Term action-log and Term call-log)
* Automatical logfile truncating.
* Generates miscellaneous reports: statistics, total costs, etc.
* Context-sensitive online help.
* Added TKR-BTX support.
* Added AutoPilot support.
* Fixed a problem with the MicroDot logfile: A call ending with
"NETCALL abgebrochen" was not recognized as a valid call, and
* Any trailing spaces entered at the end of the from/to-date strings
are ignored now.
* The `LogScan' signature from the term logfile did not have the
appropriate dateformat. Therefore, it could happen that the
signature wasn't recognized during some months, which might have
resulted in `fake' (duplicate) new calls.
* Generating report now is approx twice as fast due to the use of
* More commandline arguments are supported.
* Added a "Save"-button in the "Settings not saved" requester.
* Added `dupe'-detection: duplicate calls are automatically removed.
So now there is no harm done when a logfile is accidently scanned
twice. I recommend that you re-save your binary logfile by
pressing `Save' in the maintenance panel, so that dupes from
previous versions are removed (if there were any).
Workbench 2.04 or higher.
pbill24.lha (95049 bytes)
Shareware fee of $8 US.
The archive and its contents are freely distributable.
See documentation for details.
The package is (C) 1993-1994 Raymond Penners