Contents | < Browse | Browse >
MultiVol(TM) (Demo Version)
3606 S. 180th St. C-22
SeaTac, WA 98188-4339
Contact: Stephen Rondeau
A freely-redistributable demo version of MultiVol.
MultiVol(TM) splits and joins files. The split files can be placed on
diskettes, hard disks (including removable), or RAM -- or any
combination of them. Splitting and joining are transparent to a
program, so almost all programs that use files can split a file on
output or join split file parts on input, without "knowing" that
splitting or joining is occurring.
This is a "crippled" demo version, severely limited in the size of
files that can be split and joined. A split file part can contain up to
127 bytes. Utilities for renaming and listing split files, the
graphical user interface, and comprehensive online documentation are
not included. The commercial version is virtually unlimited in file
sizes, and includes the items excluded from the demo version.
Both versions can:
* split a file to diskettes or removable hard drives
Other Amiga owners or service shops can join the file parts WITHOUT
* join files with or without MultiVol
* reuse ARexx(TM) procedures
MultiVol will join your procedures to the main program in a way that
looks like one complete file to ARexx.
* spread a file across the remaining disk space on multiple disks
* control splitting by remaining disk space, percentage of available
disk space, exact byte amounts, or percentage of original file size
* discard parts while splitting or joining
* delete split file parts
Joining will create a file of only the retained parts.
The commercial version can also:
* split a large file
* download a file too big to fit on one diskette to multiple diskettes
* assist you via hypertext documentation (AmigaGuide included)
* facilitate using MultiVol via a select, point, and click interface
* list and rename split file parts
* AmigaDOS/Kickstart(TM) 2.04 or higher
The demo version is available at no cost, and is available at the
location listed below.
The commercial version is US $40, plus any applicable tax and shipping
Aminet sites (e.g., ftp.wustl.edu), as:
Freely-redistributable, in its entirety.
MultiVol is a trademark of AugmenTek.
ARexx is a trademark of Wishful Thinking Development Corp.