Contents | < Browse | Browse >
Werther 'Mircko' Pirani
LazyBench is a little utility for lazy people with a hard
disk crammed full of goodies which are too difficult to reach
because they are buried away in drawers inside drawers inside
drawers inside drawers...
LazyBench installs itself as a commodity, adds an item under
the Workbench "Tools" menu and waits in the background. Use its
hot key combination to pop up its window, then select an item from
the list displayed to launch your favourite application with no
need to mess around with windows and drawers: if you can click on
it, LazyBench can launch it!
This is LazyBench V1.14: OS 2.xx only, font sensitive,
Style Guide compliant and fully configurable.
* No extra libraries, handlers or devices required;
* Very small: just 18116 bytes!
* Supports both Tools and Projects;
* Unlimited number of entries in the configuration file which is a
plain text file containing a list of paths to your applications.
The configuration file can be edited/created with any text editor
or from within LazyBench itself.
* Supports virtual screens in any resolution. No matter how big your
screen is, LazyBench always pops up its window in the upper left
corner of the visible part of the Workbench screen. Alternatively,
you can make LazyBench open its window at a fixed position.
* Each LazyBench gadget (including the ListView scroller) has a
single key equivalent, so you could use it even without a mouse!
* Supports standard commodities Tool Types like CX_POPUP, CX_HOTKEY
and CX_PRIORITY, plus many more to give you full control over its
behaviour and GUI;
* 100% font sensitive. You can choose to use either the System Font,
the Workbench Icon Font or the Screen Font: LazyBench changes its
window dimensions accordingly!
Kickstart/Workbench 2.0 or higher.
Any AMINET host, i.e.
( ftp.wustl.edu (184.108.40.206) )
LazyBench114.lha (size: 23718 bytes, docs included!)
Absolutely free! :-)
Freely Distributable. Copyright (c) 1993,94 Werther 'Mircko' Pirani