Contents | < Browse | Browse >
» HWGRCS Patch level 6 available «
HWGRCS 5.6 at Amiga Patch Level _6_
Ported, enhanced, and maintained by
FAX +49 89 850 51 25, I prefer email.
HWGRCS is a port of RCS 5.6[.0.1] done with SAS/C 6.3.
The Revision Control System (RCS) manages multiple revisions
of files. RCS automates the storing, retrieval, logging,
identification, and merging of revisions. RCS is useful for
text that is revised frequently, for example programs, docu-
mentation, graphics, papers, and form letters.
For upgraders from the old RCS 4.x on Fish 281/282:
- HWGRCS supports the RCS_link feature
- No problems with non-ASCII characters
- File pattern expansion in all RCS commands
- Support for .a,.asm,.i,.fd,.guide,.ps extensions.
- GNU DIFF 2.6, GNU patch 2.1 and a N*rton like LP utility.
- I try to _support_ HWGRCS.
New since patch level 5:
- "-d" and "-M" should now (finally) be truly fixed.
- HWGRCS now uses the POSIX compliant "-x/,v".
- LP overhauled.
- locale.libray is now supported for TZ handling.
- Limited Un*x filename support on the command line possible.
V37, >1MB suggested, HD required.
Any Aminet site, e.g. ftp.uni-paderborn.de (22.214.171.124) for users
I don't declare it shareware as it is GNU SW, but donations/gifts for
my support are quite welcome! Donations in physical form preferred.
Support ~ Gifts, especially for commercial users.
RCS is distributable under the Gnu Public License.
For my support of HWGRCS I won't bill you, but I ask for donations (Hear
me, commercial users? :-).
No bug reports for >~3 months. Did I finally catch them all? Report
them for patch 7!