Contents | < Browse | Browse >
» AmiTCP_tnserv -- announcement «
22 Forty Acres Drive
Wayland, MA 01778
Tnserv is a telnet daemon for AmiTCP version 2. It allows
remote connections to your computer and allows remote shells,
multi-user BBSes, remote text editing, and much more.
- Provides telnet daemon support for AmiTCP version 2
- Supports arbitrary number of simultaneous connections to
a single login.
- Supports both pseudo-CON: and pseudo-serial.device connections,
allowing virtually any existing program which works either
in a Shell/CLI or over the serial port to be accessible
over the network.
- Compatible with MultiUser
- Converts network end of line sequencess to Amiga type
end of line sequences.
- Supports telnet LINEMODE option which allows line editing
to be done on the client, therefore providing increased
performance, and decreased network bandwidth usage.
- Provides password protection
Tnserv requires AmiTCP version 2 installed and running,
and AmigaDOS 2.0 or better. It will generally use less than
100k of memory, although it may use much more if there
are many remote connections.
Any Aminet site, including wuarchive.wustl.edu