Contents | < Browse | Browse >
» FastCache v1.1 Available for FTP «
fido: Philip D'Ath at 3:774/605 (contact me here if you can)
internet: email@example.com (until approximately Dec. 93)
FastCache is a fully associative cache for speeding up devices
like hard drives. Some of its features include:
* Fully associate cache (one of the best algorithms)
* LRU cache replacement policy (one of the best)
* Can handle multiple drives
* Can handle removable media
* All cache settings are determined at run time
* Optional write retention
* Does not require large continuous chunks of memory
* Uses a hashing system to locate date (one of the best)
* Performs both forward and reverse prefetching
* Will utilize the blitter to move data, if possible
* Much faster.
* GUI based statistical monitor.
* Found a bug where if two or more copies of FastCache V1.0 were
running, and one was quit then the other(s) could crash.
* Found a bug in the write back monitor process. This bug causes
the cache to be flushed far more frequently than it was supposed
to be (wasting time).
* Added an ARexx port to control FastCache, and to allow
statistical information to be obtained about the caches
KickStart V2 or better is required, and at least 512Kb of
free RAM, preferably 1Mb. A device to cache (like a hard drive
or a floppy drive).
A fee of $US20, $A20 or $NZ20 (whichever is most convenient)
is requested after a three month trial period.
FastCache is distributed under the concept of shareware.