Contents | < Browse | Browse >
MultiUser 1.5 available for ftp
A protection system for several users
You've got an Amiga with Kickstart 2.04 or higher and several
people are regularly fooling around with it ... Last week your
sister deleted your 20MB JPEG collection by mistake and you don't
want this to happen again ... Well, here's the answer:
MultiUser allows you to create a *IX-like environment where
several users live together in harmony, unable to delete each
others files, unable to read those private love-letters of other
users ... And this even if several users are working on the
machine at the same time (on a terminal hooked up to the serial
You are the sole user of your computer? Well, make sure it
stays that way by installing MultiUser! People without a valid
login ID and password won't be able to access files you have made
private with MultiUser. If you make all files private (not
readable for others), the only useful thing they could do, is
boot from a floppy ...
And ... you do not have to reformat your hard drive!
- Better compatibility with ixemul.library (i.e. gcc/g++).
- Groups can have a name.
- Users can belong to more than one group.
- Support for system monitoring.
- Non-binding assigns (e.g. HOME: points always to your home
directory, even if several users are using the same computer at
the same time).
- AmigaOS Release 2.04 (V37+) or higher.
- A Rigid Disk Block compatible hard drive/controller.
- reqtools.library V38+ () Nico Frangois).
wuarchive.wustl.edu (188.8.131.52) [AmiNet]
Suggested contribution of 500 BEF or USD 15