Contents | < Browse | Browse >
ReOrg 3.1 Available for FTP
Holger Kruse (email@example.com)
Disk optimizer with DC-FFS support
ReOrg can be used to optimize (defragment) volumes in any floppy
disk-like device, like trackdisk.device, ramdrive.device,
hddisk.device and most third-party harddisks. This usually results
in faster directories and can also result in faster file access,
shorter boot times etc.
In addition to optimizing a disk, ReOrg can also convert the
filesystem of a disk during the optimization, e.g. from OFS to
Compared to most other disk optimizers ReOrg is quite fast and has
many options to customize the optimization to your specific needs.
ReOrg requires Kickstart 2.04 or higher and
Workbench 2.04 or higher
Major new features since V2.33:
- support for directory-caching (DCFS: DOS4, DOS5).
- support for blocksizes <> 512 bytes.
- implemented filesystem conversion during optimization.
- all windows and requesters are font-sensitive.
- added option "Keep Locks" that allows you to continue your
work after optimizing the boot partition without having to
reboot the system.
- improved directory optimization algorithm used under Kick2.0.
Side effect: icons appear faster on Workbench.
- localization (even when running under Workbench 2.04).
- online help function using AmigaGuide.
- numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Aminet (e.g. wuarchive.wustl.edu)
ReOrg3_1.lha (program, language files and online-help)
ReOrg3_1dvi.lha (dvi-files for written documentation)
ReOrg is shareware (US$ 10).
The archives are freely distributable in original and
unmodified form. See documentation for details.
ReOrg is (C) Copyright 1992/93 by Holger Kruse.