Contents | < Browse | Browse >
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ellen Kazmaier (314) 894-8608
Director of Marketing (800) 829-8608
Soft-Logik Presents An In-Depth Preview Of PageStream 3.0!
St. Louis, Missouri (September, 1993) Soft-Logik Publishing
Corporation will present an in-depth preview of PageStream 3.0.
PageStream 3 is a completely new version of the #1 desktop
publishing program. Adding a comprehensive list of features
that users have requested, PageStream 3 surpasses its competition.
PageStream 3 is the ideal program for any desktop publishing
project. It can be used to write letters, produce high-end color
separations and publish complex books with multiple sections and
chapters. The new trapping and plate control features makes
PageStream 3.0 a leader in the emerging pre-press field.
PageStream 3 breaks new ground with a dual paragraph and character
style system that allows style override, style ripple and object
styles. The new style system makes applying attributes to text and
objects easier than ever before. PageStream s flexible toolbox
allows users to choose between small, large, vertical and horizontal
toolbox layouts. There are even floating panels for fonts, colors,
styles, macros and pages to make editing easier.
PageStream 3 offers an incredible array of document formatting
features. Auto-kerning and auto-hyphenation have been added, and text
styles are configurable, including changing the shadow type and offset,
and the underline method. The tab feature allows left/center/right
alignment on any character, and dot leaders (filled tabs) can be made
with any character.
PageStream 3.0 now supports the PANTONE Color System. PageStream 3.0
uses this industry standard to provide printed color accuracy with
guaranteed results. In addition to PANTONE support, PageStream 3.0
offers support for spot and process color, and CMYK, HSV, and RGB
PageStream has always been the import format champion with numerous
formats supported. Import a Word Perfect file and export a Final Copy
document. Or import an IFF ILBM and export it as TIFF. Import an Adobe
Illustrator 3.0 EPS file, interpret it into a structured drawing, and
dissolve it into component shapes and paths.
And the newly added format of translating Professional Page documents.
Users of Gold Disk s Professional Page desktop publishing program can
now make the transition to PageStream painlessly. Converting a
Professional Page document for use in PageStream is a simple task.
PageStream 3 adds the power of ARexx without adding the complexity.
ARexx scripts can be written from scratch or recorded within the
program. Scripts can then be played back, without knowledge of ARexx
programming. PageStream 3 features are an extensive ARexx command set
that will satisfy any power-user.
The PageStream 3.0 publishing system comes with the PageLiner 2.0 text
editor and the BME 2.0 bitmap editor. These programs are linked to
PageStream with the included HotLinks 2.0, the Amiga data exchange
PageStream 3.0 will be available in early fall for $395. Customer who
purchase a full copy of PageStream 2.2 after March 15, 1993, are
eligible for a free upgrade to version 3.0 by mailing their registration
card, proof of purchase and $5 for shipping and handling, to Soft-Logik.
Previous purchasers can upgrade for $125 if they own PageStream 2.0 or
higher, or for only $95 if they also own HotLinks Editions. Professional
Page owners can upgrade to PageStream for $175. (limited time offer)
PageStream 3.0 will change the way you think about publishing.
Mark @ Soft-Logik Publishing
The Elysian Archive
A Collection of Freely-Distributable Amiga Files
This collections has been painstakingly assembled over a period of
6 months. It includes over 600 Meg of Amiga Files, complete with
full descriptions. The CD-ROM is in ISO-9660 format, for
compatibility with both Amiga and PC BBS's. Features include:
· Over 700 SoundTracker/NoiseTracker modules, painstakingly
· Over 200 EuroDemos and MusicDisks - show off the Amiga's
· Over 80 animations representing the best work displayable on all
· Low cost! Only $30...
For more information, please send NetMail to 1:280/316.0, or call
(816) 587-3352 (voice). Or, send Internet mail to:
(c) 1993 Jan Leuverink
This project makes it possible to view Teletext (also known
as Teletekst, Videotext, Ceefax, Skytext, Supertext etc.)
on your Amiga. It is suitable for any PAL Amiga, because
it uses the parallel port to interface with the hardware.
An electronic switch is provided to easily switch between
the TeleText decoder and a printer. The project consists
of a small piece of hardware and some software.
The software is Shareware. This means that if you use the
program longer than 3 weeks, you have to register or stop
using it. Some features will only be available to registered
- fully localized
languages currently supported:
- needs KS2.04 or higher and a PAL Amiga to run
- can hold up to 4 teletext-pages, each page can
contain a maximum of 50 subpages
- saves pages in IFF, ASCII and its own TT format
- loads pages in TT format
- uses reqtools.library (included in archive) for
- the hardware needs a CVBS-videosignal containing
teletext-information (can be obtained from the
SCART/AV connector of a TV/VCR)
Future support :
- AREXX support
* This will allow you to write Arexx scripts,
that can fetch specified pages, save them, etc.
* It will also include the ability to request a
specific sub-page instead of all sub-pages
of a given page.
- The ability to click on a number on a page, so that
that page is being looked for. Handy for index-pages
etc., just click on the pagenumber you want to read.
- Special version for use with the gameports (instead of
the parallel port).
- Graphics-hardcopy of currently displayed page.
- Improved docs: more technical details about how the
teletext system works, how the I2C-bus works etc.
- Support for the NTSC screen modes.
Some of these features will only be available to registered users.
Required DOS: WB 2.04 or higher
Computer: Amiga (PAL)
Ram: approx. 100 kb
Files / Size: TT110.lha - 124.909 byte
The file is requestable at 'The Amiga Workbench', Fido-node: 2:283/410.
'The Amiga Workbench' +31-5430-24097
It will also be distributed via ADS/SAN.
Announcement For Gene 1.0
GeNe - a commercial invoicing and stock management program
1.0 (15 September 1993)
MangaZone Advanced Services
Via Grandis 1
EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ivan Pintori)
GENE is a complete invoicing and stock management package for those
who need to clean their desktops from calculators, pens and info sheets on
Providing a clear interface, compliant to the User Style Guide by
Commodore, MangaZone Advanced Services has made the most powerful invoicing
and stock management program available for the Amiga(tm).
Many features but the most important are:
- Over 4 billion invoices per year can be made;
- Over 4 billion clients can be tracked at any time;
- Over 4 billion products can be tracked at any time (even
out of productions!);
- Over 4 billion producers;
- Over 4 billion orders per year;
- Complete stock management with loading of stock and
automatic unload via invoicing;
- 3 prices per product, that are automatically associated to
each type of client;
- Full importation ready;
- 255 different currencies supported;
- 255 categories of products;
- 255 types of products per each category;
- 255 VATs can be associated to any Category-Type;
- Every product, client, producer is given a unique serial
number to be used in bar codes;
- Reads, stores and uses currently used barcodes;
- A 228 characters description can be included per each
client, product and producer;
- E-mail address per each client;
- Products can be goods (subjected to stock) or services;
- Products can be marked out-of-production and later on
- Client can be of 3 different types;
- Invoice layout is totally customizable via intuition;
- Invoices can be retrived for archive printing;
- Prices can be calculated after user definable formulas;
- All via an easy Intuition Interface;
Any Amiga Computer with OS 2.04 and 1Mb of RAM. Hard Disk and BarCode
reader strongly raccomanded.
This program is Commercial. MangaZone Advanced Services is looking
for companies interested in taking care of distribution in thier own
Italy: RRP Lire 89000 IVA inclusa
International: RRP US$99.95
MangaZone Advanced Services
Via Grandis 1, 00185 Rome, ITALY