Contents | < Browse | Browse >
MAGIC USER INTERFACE v1.3 AVAILABLE FOR FTP
MUI - MagicUserInterface
Stefan Stuntz (email@example.com)
A system to create and maintain GUIs.
MUI is an object oriented system to create and maintain
graphical user interfaces. From a programmers point of view,
using MUI saves a lot of time and makes life much easier.
Thinking about complicated terms like window resizing or
font sensitivity is simply not neccesary.
On the other hand, users of MUI based applications have the
ability to customize nearly every pixel of a programs
interface according to their personal taste.
This distribution is interesting for both, users and
programmers. Please have a look at the supplied demo
programs and at the documentation to see what MUI has to
MUI requires AmigaDOS 2.04 or higher.
For developers, MUI comes with C, Oberon, Modula, Amiga-E
and Assembler interfaces.
*** Important news since version 1.0 ***
- Added system configuration switch to adjust window refresh
type, possibilities are simple refresh and smart refresh.
- Speeded object creation about 10%.
- Included Manx, Assembler, Modula, Oberon and Amiga-E interfaces.
- Implemented MUIA_Window_Screen attribute. This allows opening a
MUI window on an explicitly defined intuition screen.
- Rewrote the image caching mechanism. This should fix some bugs
and system crashes with non existing external image files.
- Better MOUSEMOVE and INTUITICKS handling to improve performance.
- Attention... very powerful feature... :-)
Implemented two new attributes for group class:
MUIA_Group_PageMode (TRUE/FALSE) group is a page group.
MUIA_Group_ActivePage (0...numchilds-1) display this child.
Page groups always show exactly one of their childs. The number
of this child can be changed dynamically, even in an open window.
New demo "Pages" demonstrates the new page groups.
- Included AppWindow support. See MUIA_Window_AppWindow,
MUIA_Application_DropObject and MUIA_AppMessage for details.
New demo "AppWindow" for demonstration.
- ... and lots of other bug fixes ...
Aminet (e.g. wuarchive.wustl.edu)
FIDO FILE REQUEST
2:246/46 (+49-8151-78880 ) magic name "MUI"
1:267/131 (+1-518-883-5326) magic name "MUI"
Registered versions of MUI are available for $15US.
See documentation for details.
The archives are freely distributable in original and
unmodified form. See documentation for details.
MUI is (c) Copyright 1993 by Stefan Stuntz.